Pabile40 Version One Point, Oh!

Kits are not available here





For the latest update on my pet project, i had a 1.5mm stainless steel plate cut to keep the keyboard as low as possible. Currently, case thickness is just 11.5mm. Honestly, it is too low to comfortably type on as is but looks pretty sleek.


Let's talk more about the plate i ordered. I do not care about the specifics and just wanted to keep cost very low, so i told my supplier that i just needed the design forwarded to them in a stainless steel plate with thickness between 1.2 to 1.6. Few days later, i received the following:

Plate material: SUS304 2B T1.5mm with "hairline" finish


One thing i immediately notice is that the plate is quite curved. I needed to apply pressure to straighten it.



As soon as i was satisfied with by steel bending lack-of-skill, i test fitted with some extra switches i had around with my favorite key caps. I can say that this is looking good so far.


...and now to test what i've learned so far on fusion 360. The very first thing i made with this sweet program is now printed and fitted...

That's it for now but I'll leave you with some angles...




There is currently an interest check on going. Please go to this form if your are interested. Thanks.

Comments