Flashing keyboard firmware other than QMK Toolbox

To flash our keyboard firmware on our promicro only requires that we ground the reset pin. QMK Toolbox made flashing even easier. It auto-detects COM Port number and we just need to hit Flash. However, I just had this experience with a batch of clone promicro controllers wherein QMK Toolbox could not detect them.




The solution I found is using my old method; i.e. using avrdudess and window's device manager. 


  1. First, open Device Manager and avrdudess.
  2. Ground reset pin of promicro, and take note of COM Port.
  3. Hit GO on avrdudess.


I am not knowledgeable in field and is requesting for inputs from others. Please feel free to comment below especially if you know any method that is simpler. Thanks.

Update 20200806: I have noticed that there are certain programs that prevents AVR down/uploaders from functioning properly. For instance, I could not flash my keyboards when Cura slicer is open. QMK Toolbox and similar programs works well if Cura is not running.

Comments