Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE as a Keyboard Controller

I designed my 42-key keyboard hoping that I could use Feather 32u4, have an easy and low cost wireless option. Actually, it is... if you know what you are doing. Unfortunately, for me with very minimal knowledge on how these microcontrollers tick, it was a timely and somewhat costly experience. 

To cut the story short, not all 20 pins are not usable as I initial thought. There are 6 pins, based on my limited testing and experience, should be left untouched. These are B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B7. 


Based on my P42, using these pins causes errors. I had this error recorded on video. Once I relocated these pins, i had no more errors and I was able access my keyboard via bluetooth (even on an IOS device that I borrowed).

To conclude, there are only 14 exposed pins that are safe to use on this Feather ...unless, there is a way to unlock the PCINT pins.

Comments