IBM Model M122 PN 1390238 SN 1102829 20MAY87

 Another IBM Model 122 series with PN 1390238 ID No. (or SN?) 1102829 born on 20MAY87.

This is the second Model M that my wife dismantled. Pretty dirty if you ask me. 

Covers are a bit yellowed, heavy grimes and light scratches. Top cover is back to the washer for another round since wifey were not able to remove most of the grimes.

Steel plate, PCB, membrane and everything else seems to be in good order. Encountered no issue when I assembled it except for couple of loose spring and boots. 

Barrels and inserts had hidden grimes on the inside. Applied dry lube on the inserts. Wire stabilizers are ok - minimal silicon grease applied just because...

Sliced cable. Pro Micro. Done.

I had my daughter use this for a week for her (home) school to check for issues. None reported when I pulled it out earlier. 

BEFORE





Internals







AFTER

...sneak peak for now.


Sorry for being brief. Feeling tired today. Will pro'ly sleep early. Cheers!


Update 20211008: After weeks of testing, here's my current thoughts:

Other than aesthetic issues, I find the barrels scratchy. Did a Q-tip swab on each barrel and apply Finish Line Extreme Fluoro grease on big and scratchy keys but did not remove the most of the scratchy feel.

Progress photos for now:

 


















Comments