Sagem Clavier 23197133-9

Prologue: Two years ago, I posted this unused assembly. I wondered what terminal that board was used for. I initially thought that it is used in something that is fixed. My most recent find enlightened me...
About a month ago, I posted this image on a local facebook group. A Sagem terminal keyboard with cool DSA profile key caps and 8 unit space bards.

sagem clavier. Quick google tells me that clavier is  french word for keyboard.

part series number

I finally able to take the keyboard home yesterday and were able to open it up earlier. Here's some photos I took:

Inside marking of front cover. Made sometime 1989.23 169 658 0
Inside marking of back cover. Still 89. part number 23 169 657 2
These feet will give you a very high tilt. feet incline angle
Riser. keyboard lift riser feet
There's an extra hole that the back of the keyboard. Based on this thing inside, I assume that this keyboard may be mounted on to something to prevent it from moving. mount hole screw
The only label that can be found at the back of the keyboard clavier

The connectors.

It uses a connector that is almost identical to ps/2 but has 8 pins. It seems that the terminal / main cpu sends out a lot of data back to this keyboard. din plug connector interface
main board out din pin wire guide
Female ps/2 look-a-like on the main board. ps2 din connector input

PCB

cherry keyboard switches
Intel and AMD in one chip!microprocessor controller
More about this board's PCB and switches in this post.

Comments