Journey of P42 with Adafruit Feather 32U4 Bluefruit LE



I've been using this microcontroller, Adafruit's Feather, on my P42 since October of 2020 (not daily regular but almost daily). I've learned a lot and it was not a fun experience for I had a lot if issues along the way. First was that I assigned pins that are off-limit pins on the Feather, mentioned here

Second problem is hardware and driver related. I needed a dongle that have the Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator. 




I have tried several dongles, even those that is advertised as Bluetooth 5 and those recommended by Adafruit. None worked. The only dongle that I've tried that will allow my P42 to connect with my PC via bluetooth is TP-Link's UB400 dongle. I uninstalled all previous Bluetooth drivers and re-installed TP-Link's official driver. This dongle was also tested on a notebook running Linux mint and BT connection seems stable. 

Now that everything is connected (via Bluetooth), third issue came out. I am encountering massive delays and a lot of chattering. Some thoughts on some DEBOUNCE settings I've used:

DEBOUNCE 10 and lower gives massive chattering and intermittent delays. 

DEBOUNCE 11 seems to be the most stable to date. minimal delay but still encountered intermittent chattering and double key presses. 500mAh battery on its second night (a little over 4 hours of use per night). VIA not enabled.

For those that would like to help, here's my QMK branch: https://github.com/pabile/qmk_firmware/tree/pabile/keyboards/pabile/p42/feather

Other resources: Google drive folder

My current setup


Comments